Channel Account Manager
At Brightpearl, we love retail and we’re on a mission to help omnichannel retailers automate their back office operations. Over 1,200 small and medium-sized retailers, in 26 countries, use Brightpearl to automate their back-office processes, freeing up their time to deliver great products and customer service.
We manage more than 10m transactions and over $3b of business per year via our cloud-based retail platform, and we’re growing fast. We integrate with all the major e-commerce storefronts and marketplaces enabling us to get retailers up and running in half the time it takes the competition. Brightpearl is headquartered in Bristol, UK with offices in San Francisco and Austin, USA.
About the role
The primary role of the Channel Account Manager is to generate new business opportunities from our partners and build long term mutually beneficial partnerships. You will be responsible for helping to develop and manage an ecosystem of partners, who advocate Brightpearl, and trust us to help delight their customers.
You’ll be responsible for managing an existing group of partners and building their confidence in referring Brightpearl to their prospects and customers, as well as acquiring new partners.
The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is outcome-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure. The role reports to the VP of Sales.
- Execute Brightpearl partner strategy for the UK
- Recruit new partners into the business including ecommerce and web agency partners, 3PLs and systems integrators
- Create quarterly business plans with identified partners
- Engage, onboard and educate new partners
- Work with Partner Marketing to plan and execute co-marketing activities with partners
- Create new business opportunities with current partners
- Run healthchecks on partners
- Coordinate partner training
- Attend partner events, networking and meet up events
- Hit lead and revenue targets via channel
KPIs: What Success Looks Like
- Revenue from partner leads
- Partner satisfaction
- Recruit qualified partners
- Ideally you’ll have 2 years experience as a channel account manager and/or Account Executive
- You will be able to demonstrate recent experience and results through successful referrals and networking
- Experience and knowledge of channel business development and partner ecosystem
- A strong desire to learn and succeed in technology sales
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails
- A naturally compelling phone manner
- Great organization and time management skills are essential
- IT literate and great at online research
- The ability to deal with rejection and bounce back quickly
- Degree educated is preferable
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- A hustler’s mentality - you will be recruiting, planning, and working with partners daily
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You like change and adapt to it well
- You want to make a real difference
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You want to progress into technology sales
Key Performance Indicators:
- Partner generated SAOs
- Partner revenue (discrete, partner generated revenue in addition to ACV)
- Contract Management (how current, all partners under the correct contract, revenue share)
We offer a competitive salary and commission plan, plus a whole host of great benefits like 25 days of holidays, share options, cycle purchase scheme, AVIVA private medical and BUPA dental insurance, HealthShield cash plan, referral scheme, lots of social events and some seriously good coffee! We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office, with lots of interesting clients and colleagues.