Customer Support Advisor (Cloud-based Retail Platform)
About the Company
Brightpearl is a cutting edge SAAS business in the eCommerce sector that helps online retail brands achieve hyper growth. Our platform and retail expertise enables our users to automate business processes so they can focus on new growth initiatives and delight their own customers.
About the Customer Support Advisor role
We are looking for a help desk agent who has a passion of providing exceptional customer service and web-based technology support. If this is you, then look no further. This is an exciting opportunity that combines these two areas.
Within this role we operate with three lines of support. The Customer 1st Support team is the ‘go to’ team for Brightpearl customers, both internal and external, who are looking for assistance with our cloud-based platform in which we serve both retailers and wholesalers.
You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving customer issues using a combination of technical experience, platform analysis tools and advanced database analysis tools where product knowledge and standard workflows have failed. You will be the core of Brightpearl as we look to achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction.
This role will be a perfect match for you if you pride yourself in delivering excellence, possess fantastic troubleshooting and customer service skills, whilst having the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside out. We’re looking to hire enthusiastic, positive self-starters and go-getters to join our growing team in Bristol, England.
Customer Support Advisor Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 6 hours of talk / chat time a day)
- Provide world class Customer 1st Support to our ever-growing customer base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Replicate customer reported issues and transfer to a developer report with clear reproduction steps and analysis
- Ability to recognise severity of issues and react appropriately
- Ability to work on time sensitive issues and provide timely resolution and clear customer communication
- Occasional ‘on call’ rota availability for emergency issues outside of normal working hours
- Feedback to support team colleagues to develop product knowledge and understanding
- Develop excellent database structure knowledge
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively advising customers on best practices solutions
- Escalate complex data fixes and summarise the investigation and observations
- Ticket creation on Zendesk support system
- Building successful relationships with our customers, both internal and external
- Proactively looking to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs
- Continuously improving product knowledge using our self-training tools and resources
Customer Support Advisor Required Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in a phone based technical support or customer consulting position in a fast paced environment
- Content generation for help centre documentation
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Stock management
- Order management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, can do attitude
- A team first mindset, with high results, low ego orientation
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Passion for technology and helping businesses succeed
- Proven problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative
- Highly motivated, self-directed and well organised
Customer Support Advisor Desired Experience:
- Ability to analyse server logs (eg. PHP, Java, HTTP)
- Accounting or bookkeeping, Finance, Business, IT, Computer Science degree
- Experience and knowledge of APIs
- Good understanding of email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.)
- Experience of online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon
- Experience with online shopping carts such as Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce
- Experience with products related to accounting, inventory, CRM and sales order processing
- Technical experience with SAAS platforms
- Working knowledge of programming including PHP, HTML, Java and MySQL
We offer a competitive salary and commission plan, plus a whole host of great benefits like 25 days of holidays, share options, cycle purchase scheme, AVIVA private medical and BUPA dental insurance, HealthShield cash plan, referral scheme, lots of social events and some seriously good coffee! We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office, with lots of interesting clients and colleagues.